News While You Work
Some Fun Facts to Know About the Average Cat Owner
Oct. 29, 2019
It's National Cat Day! How are you celebrating? We're guessing by spending some time with your cat, right? In honor of today's festivities we thought we'd share a few facts about the average cat owner.
- A new survey shows that the average cat owner spends 19 hours and 32 minutes a week with their pet. That's 1,016 hours a year.
- Who else likes talking to their cat? Apparently 75% of people talk to their cats as a form of therapy.
- Pets are considered family to 84% of people.
- Cats are our friends too, aren't they? 66% of cat owners say they prefer to spend time with their cat instead of their friends.
- If you're thinking about your cat right now, what's your favorite quality about them? Is it their loyalty or playfulness? Well, you're not alone. Cat owners say that those are their favorite characteristics about their four-legged friend, including how kind and gentle they are!
- Adopting a cat is extremely common. 51% of cat owners have rescued at least a cat at least once from animal shelters and cat-rescue organizations.
- If you're a cat owner, then you definitely own some cat-themed items. Whether it's bed sheets, cat calendars, or cat-printed clothes, these are the highest rated items purchased from cat lovers.
- Do you take your cat everywhere your go? 65% of say they've traveled with their pet.